Re:Con is Contact’s Young Programming and Producing Team. They help to decide what shows we have at Contact and work with us to produce their own events!
We are currently looking for four passionate and enthusiastic individuals between the ages of 18 to 25 to be a part of Re:Con, our young Programming and Producers team.
Re:Con originated in 2010. Each Re:Con cohort has delivered incredibly special and individual events, and have brought amazing pieces of work to our programme. Many past Re:Con members have gone onto great and varied careers in the arts – several as successful producers.
“We increased our knowledge in artistic curation ten-fold. I gained invaluable experience in creative collaboration, teamwork, communication, and problem solving. I formed and maintained professional relationships across different organisations and funding bodies. I also learnt to understand the complexities around tying together the stakeholders’ opinions and supporting the artists’ final vision”. – Lizzy Onwuka-Okyoe, Re:Con 2021 alumni (Assistant Producer at tiata fahodzi, the UK’s leading British African heritage contemporary theatre company)
AS PART OF RE:CON YOU WILL:
- Get the opportunity to be a part of Contact’s decision-making processes, including: selecting the shows and projects we programme; feeding into commissioning decisions; and helping shape what themes our forthcoming productions might follow.
- Go and see work: receive a budget to spend on experiencing new work that Contact will consider for their programme.
- Produce work: receive a budget and a fee to produce a final event that the whole Re:Con team works on, and lead on this from initiation of an idea to completion.
- Undertake masterclasses: in key areas such as fundraising, budgets, and creative producing.
- Shadow team members: be a part of key moments in Contact’s programming and producing processes.
How to apply:
Applications are now closed. Please keep an eye out for when we are looking for our next Re:Con cohort!
Get the opportunity to be a part of Contact’s decision-making processes, go and see work Contact will consider for their programme and produce work!