Our public programme of shows and festivals is relevant, contemporary, diverse and accessible. It runs annually from September to July, and features:
- Professional shows produced or commissioned by Contact
- Contact Young Company shows, made in collaboration with leading artists
- Touring shows selected by young people (Re:CON Young Programmers) and staff
Our public programme of shows and festivals is relevant, contemporary, diverse and accessible. It runs predominantly in two seasons each year – Autumn and Spring, across multiple performance spaces in our building.
Each season features
– Professional theatre shows produced or commissioned by Contact
– Contact Young Company shows, made by young people in collaboration with leading artists
– Visiting touring productions, selected by young people (Re:CON Young Programmers) and staff
– A specific Health and Science strand of programming, and annual festivals with a specific theme, such as Queer Contact.
We present contemporary theatre, dance, live art, cabaret, spoken word, circus, comedy and music. We support artists who work across any or all of these art-forms, or who are inventing new forms. We are increasingly working with artists presented work digitally or in live/digital hybrid forms.
We have a particular interest in work that speaks to people under 30 or that young people find exciting and relevant. We are interested in work by artists from underrepresented backgrounds, including artists from the global majority, artists who identify as LGBTQ+ and artists with lived experience of disability. And we are particularly interested in work that is socially engaged, accessible to the widest possible audiences, and is engaged with our planet and the environment.
Our programme provides a professional platform for young people and our diverse communities to represent themselves and the issues that most affect their lives. Our programme consistently attracts large numbers of young people, and those from diverse communities, and absolutely everyone is welcome.
GETTING YOUR WORK PROGRAMMED
We programme visiting work predominantly in two seasons each year: Autumn (which runs October to December) and Spring (February to April). We also run the annual Queer Contact festival each February, and sometimes programme off-site projects in the summer.
We programme touring work typically 6-12 months in advance. We offer a range of financial deals from guaranteed fees to box office splits for touring work, alongside commissions we offer to projects we are working more closely with. And we programme into all of the performance spaces available at Contact, which you can see by clicking here.
We welcome submissions from all artists and companies. If you would like your work to be considered for inclusion in Contact’s programme please email a proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should include the following information:
– Who you are and information about the kind of work you make, and why this would be a good fit for Contact
– Contact details including an email a current mobile number
– Any available details of the project including video footage, script, press reviews and information about the creative team.
– Technical information about the show, including which space at Contact you think it will work best in.
– An invitation to see the work live if possible, or other work by the same company/artists.