We are transforming our organisation for the next generation of audiences and artists laying the foundations for new experiences, careers and opportunities for young people.
Be part of this journey. Donate.
Scroll down to see artists’ impressions of some of our new and improved spaces!
More than a make over
We are building an artistically, commercially and environmentally sustainable theatre of the future.
Contact has a proud history and a unique identity. This will be reflected in the new building as it was in the old, remaining a place for young people call home, and where audiences will encounter fresh, new works.
More than a theatre
Contact will re-open with new facilities that will enable the next generations of young artists to realise their ambitions, whilst creating a new destination arts venue on the Oxford Road corridor.
New facilities include:
- new performance spaces fit for the 21st century
- a state of the art new recording studio for our young people’s music projects
- an arts and health development space to help us inspire people to live and feel better through art and theatre
- new young enterprise offices for artists and cultural organisations to hire and work alongside us – it’s all about creative Contact for everyone
- a new café/bar that ensure that visitors have an enhanced experience when they come here
- an enhanced experience for audiences who are fundamental to our sustainability
A theatre of the future
We will ensure that we position ourselves for success by:
- increasing the number and range of creative opportunities for young people
- strengthening our financial performance and sustainability
- improving access throughout the building
- improving our environmental performance
- securing a sustainable, long-term future for our work locally, nationally and internationally
- nurturing talent, creativity and leadership among the young people of Greater Manchester
- taking new, distinctive cultural work – created in Manchester – to the world stage
- helping more young people at risk of exclusion to connect, create and thrive
We wouldn’t be where we are now without the generous support of our funders…
Arts Council England has awarded Contact £3.85 million towards our £6.65 million redevelopment project. We have now secured significant funding from Manchester City Council, and help in-kind from Manchester University and Bruntwood. We have also received generous support from charitable trusts and foundations including the Foyle Foundation, the Granada Foundation, Wellcome Trust, the Garfield Weston Foundation, the Wolfson Foundation and the Oglesby Charitable Trust.
…but we aren’t there yet. Here are some exciting ways you can help.
FIND OUT MORE
To find out more and help us to realise our vision, please contact Jane Hall, Development Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 274 0657.
If you would like to make a donation to support the dynamic year round programme of work we create with and for young people, please click here.
Please Gift Aid it! If you are a UK tax payer and you Gift Aid your donation we can reclaim basic rate tax on your gift. Basic rate tax is currently 20 per cent, so if you donate £20 using Gift Aid, it is worth £24 to Contact.