Over the next year, Contact will have a major expansion and refurbishment, transforming our building for the next generation of audiences, artists and young people.
In 2019 Contact will re-open with new performance spaces; a new recording studio for our young people’s music projects; an arts and health development space; new offices for artists and cultural organisations to hire and work alongside us; a new café/bar and many other exciting new features.
Scroll down to see artists’ impressions of some of our new and improved spaces!
This vital project will:
- Increase the number and range of creative opportunities for young people
- Strengthen our financial performance and sustainability
- Improve access throughout the building
- Improve our environmental performance
Our new building will enable us to:
- secure a sustainable, long-term future for our work locally, nationally and internationally
- nurture talent, creativity and leadership among the young people of Greater Manchester
- take new, distinctive cultural work – created in Manchester – to the world stage
- help more young people at risk of exclusion to connect, create and thrive
Arts Council England has awarded Contact £3.85 million towards this £6.65 million redevelopment project. We have now secured significant funding from Manchester City Council, and help in-kind from Manchester University and Bruntwood. We have also received generous support from charitable trusts and foundations including the Foyle Foundation, the Granada Foundation, Wellcome Trust, the Garfield Weston Foundation, the Wolfson Foundation and the Oglesby Charitable Trust. We continue to fundraise to secure the remaining target.
While building work is happening throughout 2018, we have moved into a temporary home at The Millennium Powerhouse in Moss Side, and are running an exciting year-long programme of events and festivals in new locations, with major partner venues, and in the heart of local communities. We will also continue to deliver our award-winning work with young people across Greater Manchester.
FIND OUT MORE
To find out more and help us to realise our vision, please contact Jane Hall, Development Manager, email@example.com or call 0161 274 0657.
If you would like to make a donation to support the dynamic year round programme of work we create with and for young people, please click here.
Please Gift Aid it! If you are a UK tax payer and you Gift Aid your donation we can reclaim basic rate tax on your gift. Basic rate tax is currently 20 per cent, so if donate £20 using Gift Aid, it is worth £25 to Contact.