A Film Commissioned by Contact. Now available to stream on-demand.
This film premiered at Queer Contact 2021. It is available to stream on-demand until Friday 4 June.
If you purchased a ticket to the live premiere, or you have already purchased on-demand access, you can log in to watch the film here. You can also access the film via the link in your email.
To purchase on-demand access, please click the ‘Watch Now‘ button to pay.
LOB is a tennis and poetry bonanza about moving through sporting spaces as a queer body, written and performed by Roma Havers.
About Roma Havers
Roma is a poet, theatre-maker and tiger-mum-editor, who loves to make meaning work a bit harder than it wants to. Roma’s work explores queer inheritance, what it means to practise, and radicalising queer joy. In 2020 she ran a queer writing Festival in My House with MIF called ‘Paying Attention’; performed OUTscription about queering archives for Manchester Sexuality Summer School. She worked with Art With Heart’s Dial and with Young Identity, running workshops online, producing their new book Working From HOME, while having a LOB about.
Captions are available for this film.
Use of a homophobic slur, mild references to homophobia/ bullying/ abusive family dynamics. Some use of disco lights.
- Writer and Performer Roma Havers
- Original Music performed, written, produced and mixed by Donna Loman (with additional performances from Nicky Loman, George Burrage, Ellie Boney, Emily Zurowski, Joe Ackroyd, George Garside. Mastered by Amir Shoat)
- Producer Ali Wilson
- Cinematographer and Video Editor Ailbhe Treacy
- Sound Engineer John Tatlock
- Movement Director Christopher Brown
- Dramaturg Frankie Blaus
- Graphic Designer Hannah McLennan Jones
Supported by Contact and Arts Council England. With early support from LGBT arts and Culture Network and Young Identity.