Rave To The Moon has been created by world-record-breaking beatboxer SK Shlomo. Contact viewers will remember his Homeskool Beatbox Adventures earlier this year, which were livestreamed right from our Facebook page. Rave to the Moon will also be live-streamed from our page, alongside other arts organisation across the country.
So What’s Going On?
The livestream takes place 8pm-1am on Thursday 31 December 2020.
Virtual DJ sets will come from global stars including Rob Da Bank, Mr Scruff, Arielle Free, Ellie Prohan, DJ Yoda, Basement Jaxx’ Felix Buxton and Vula, Beardyman, Heartless Crew and more.
Ravers will be counting their steps towards the grand total real-time using the free app Sweatcoin. There will also be leaderboard and a battle for the top spot. Whilst the livestreamed party is free for anybody in the world to watch via global music community Mixcloud Live. Plus, up to 1000 lucky ravers will take centre stage in the Zoom Room to show off their moves.
Offering a fun way to raise money, partygoers will be able to donate or fundraise by setting up a special JustGiving page for any charity of their choice. (Hey, don’t forget that Contact is also a registered charity…)
In a time when mental health has never been more important, Rave To The Moon aims to bring the
world that little bit closer, celebrate the end of 2020 and starting the new year as we mean to go on: with a big bang.
Full Line Up
- Arielle Free (BBC Radio 1)
- Brandon Block
- DJ Yoda
- Ellie Prohan (Kiss FM)
- Emily DustFelix Buxton (Basement Jaxx) + Vula
- Heartless Crew (BBC 1xtra)
- House Gospel Choir
- Jumpin Jack Frost
- Mr Scruff
- Nitin Sawhney
- Rob Da Bank
- SK Shlomo
The Maths (Approximate)
- 384,400 Km from Earth to the Moon
- 6,000 steps per hour for average adult raver
- 577m Steps to the moon (roughly)
- 200k viewers of SK Shlomo’s ‘Homeskool’ livestreams
- 12.6m combined reach of line-up partners (including us!)
- Five hours to party (8pm-1am NYE 2020)
- 16,000 approx ravers need to ‘reach’ the moon