Most of Contact’s staff will not be able to answer work emails or phones over the festive period. If you are struggling, please, please do reach out to one of these support services.
For advice and support
The Mix is a support service for people under 25. They have a helpline, a 1-2-1 messaging service and a crisis messenger. You can also find useful advice around mental health, drugs and alcohol, housing, money, sex and relationships: https://www.themix.org.uk/
Mind’s website has information and a Get Help now section with emergency crisis information and support: https://www.mind.org.uk/
Anxiety UK has information as well as a text line for support around anxiety: https://www.anxietyuk.org.uk/
If you need help in a crisis
- Childline (under 18s) 0800 1111 (Between 7.30am and 3.30am)
- Samaritans (over 18s) 116 123 (24 hour service)
- Papyrus Hopeline (for young people ) Monday to Friday 10am-10pm. Weekends and Bank Holidays 2-10pm. 0800 068 4141 | Text 07786 209697
- www.kooth.com (free, safe, anonymous online support for young people)
- www.selfinjurysupport.org.uk (For support around self injury for girls and women)
If you are at immediate risk of harm from yourself or others, please call the emergency services on 999.
Other useful support services
- Lesbian and Gay helpline 0845 330 3030 M-Sa 10-10 (reduced service over Christmas)
- Shelter homelessness support 0344 515 1640 or 0808 800 4444 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
- LGBT Foundation 0345 330 3030 10am-10pm
- Children’s Services in Greater Manchester 0161 234 5001 (if you or another young person under 18 are at risk of harm).