We are looking for a freelance producer to produce our latest Contact Young Company show, The Starter Kit.
Contact Young Company are working with artists Amy Vreeke, Keisha Thompson and Javaad Alipoor to create a new piece of interactive, digital work that is decidedly frisky!
The Starter Kit Team
Co-Directors: Amy Vreeke, Keisha Thompson
Dramaturg: Javaad Alipoor
Head of Digital: Ricardo Vilela
About the role
The freelance producer needs to be available for the devising, rehearsal and performance period of 21 September to 8 November inclusive. Please see draft schedule for exact dates.
This post requires both online and in person work at the Contact building (subject to government guidelines)
Performance dates 6 – 8 November
Total Fee £3500
Duties as Producer
- To be the main point of contact for Contact Young Company providing pastoral support and ensuring that they are supported at all times through the process
- Leading on the scheduling of devising and rehearsals, ensuring that the whole creative team including the young people are clear of where and when they are expected
- Keeping a register of all sessions and ensuring that information is stored securely in line with Contact’s GDPR policy
- Supporting the creative team and ensuring clear communication between all parties, taking notes of production and other meetings as necessary
- Keeping the wider Contact staff team informed and updated at all times about the project and any changes to it, this includes but is not limited to, Head of Production, Marketing Team, Head of Creative Development and finance team
- To ensure that at all times the creative team including the young people are adhering to Contact’s Safeguarding, Health and Safety and COVID policies and guidelines
- Management of Production budget following Contact’s finance processes for purchasing and ordering
- Purchasing of props, costumes and any other materials required for the performance
- Flexibility and willingness to perform tasks associated with this role as they arise
How to apply
Please respond with a short cover letter, a video or a voice recording expressing your interest and briefly explaining:
- Any relevant experience you have as a Producer
- Any relevant experience you have of working with young people in a creative process
- Why you would like to do the role
- Confirm your availability for the process as outlined.
The selection process will involve either a phone or Zoom interview for shortlisted candidates.
If you would like any more information or guidance, please email email@example.com
Deadline for applications is 12pm on Wednesday 16 September.