Contact is located on Oxford Road, a short distance from Oxford Road Station and Manchester city centre.
Get in touch with our Box office
Feel free to give us a call on 0161 274 0600. We are open Monday to Saturday, 10am – 10pm.
Please be aware, if you have a digital ticket you do not need to attend our box office.
Food and Drink
The bar holds a wide selection of beers from independent breweries such as Green Quarter’s Runaway Brewery, Manchester Union, Fierce Beer, and a unique range of cocktails created by GRUB’s in-house mixologist.
Monday – Thursday: 10am – 6pmFriday: 10am – 9pm
Subject to change on show days.
Contact offers various access provisions to ensure that you have the best experience possible during your visit. Please see here for our accessible performance measures including BSL, captioning and relaxed conditions.
- If you require an access parking space please contact our Box Office team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 274 0600
- Our Box Office and Bar and Cafe are accessible and situated on the Ground Floor.
- We offer a range of access performances. Please see show details for further information.
- Our Space 1 auditorium is equipped with an induction hearing loop.
- All of our performance spaces have wheelchair access.
- Wheelchair spaces are available across all performances.
- Lift access and accessible toilet facilities are available throughout the building.
- We offer complimentary tickets for personal assistants.
- Our central seating bank chairs are 50.5cm wide with immovable armrests that are shared with the seats on either side. There is 28cm depth of legroom.
- Our boxes, which line either side of the auditorium, are 208cm wide, have no armrests, and have 44cm depth of legroom. These are sold as seats for 3 people, which allows 69cm width for each person.
- If the seats aren’t appropriate for you, please contact us at the details below and we can explore options available to ensure that you are able to see the show. Please see images of our seating below.
- We accept babes in arms. Children who can sit in their own seat unaided should have a paid-for ticket.
Where to find us
Check out the map to see our local area.
Contact Theatre, Oxford Rd, Manchester M15 6JA
Buses: run every few minutes on Oxford Road from the City Centre, train stations and South Manchester (Rusholme direction). The closest stop is near to Manchester Academy.
Bicycles: If you’re cycling to Contact, we have a limited number of covered bike stands available. We also have a free bicycle maintenance station at the venue.
Cars: We do not have a car park but there are several nearby, such as the University of Manchester car park on Cecil Street, and Q-Park Manchester Hospitals. Dilworth Street car park is also accessible after 4pm. Please note, the car park adjacent to Contact is for permit holders only. We advise avoiding driving via certain parts of Oxford Road when travelling to Contact by Car due to the recent implementation of traffic cameras.
COVID SECURE MEASURES AT CONTACT
We have measures in place around our building and our staff are committed to helping keep you safe. We will send these out to you before you arrive.
Did you know our famous chimneys are actually creating a natural ventilation system? This means we have no air conditioning and fresh air is constantly flowing naturally around the building making it one of the safest places to visit indoors but we’re also doing lots more to reassure all our visitors during this time.
What we’re doing to help keep you safe:
· We have hand sanitiser stations throughout the venue.
· We offer e-ticketing so you don’t have to handle tickets.
· We offer full refunds if you’re unable to attend a show due to COVID-19.
· We have parking close by and bike parks right next door to the building you prefer not to take public transport at this time (link to car parking info/travel page).
What we’d like you to do:
· We do encourage visitors to still wear a face covering at all times when moving through our building and when seated in the auditorium unless you are eating or drinking.
· We are not asking for proof of a negative test or vaccine passports at this time but we do encourage all visitors to take a lateral flow test prior to their visit as an extra precaution.
· If you have Covid-19 symptoms, have had a recent positive Covid-19 test or you have been told to self-isolate, please do not come to our building, and let us know. We will be happy to rearrange your tickets or offer a full refund. · Please wash your hands thoroughly and regularly using our sanitiser stations or soap and water.
For further information, please see our COVID-19 FAQs here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.