SICK! '17: There Is A Light - Brightlight
Ticket Info£13 FULL // £7 CONC.
- SICK! Festival
This event has finished, tickets are no longer available.
THEATREAn original performance inspired by the findings of BRIGHTLIGHT, the first major study of its kind, There is a Light: BRIGHTLIGHT presents young patients’ perspectives on specialist cancer care in England.
Directed by award-winning artist Adura Onashile, the show is developed in collaboration with Brian Lobel, BRIGHTLIGHT’s researchers, youth board and young people with personal experience of cancer.
- 'Gloriously real and life-affirming; a masterful testimony to the power of young people's voices' Manchester Theatre Awards
- 'Contact Young Company bring wit and exuberance to the heavy subject matter' Exeunt Magazine
PART OF SICK! FESTIVAL 2017
- Confronting the physical, mental and social challenges of life and death. sickfestival.com
- Over 12s.
- Created by Contact Young Company (CYC) in collaboration with BRIGHTLIGHT, National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), University College London Hospitals and University of Chichester.
- Commissioned by SICK! Festival.
- Supported by a Wellcome Trust Arts Award.
- Manchester performances sponsored by Slater Heelis.