QC17: Le Gateau Chocolat - Black
Ticket Info£20 FULL // £15 CONC.
- Mates Rates
- Queer Contact Festival 2017
This event has finished, tickets are no longer available.
MUSICA beautiful and touching musical journey with 'songs that see us through the darkest hours' (Guardian).
Featuring a repertoire ranging from Wagner and Purcell to Nina Simone and Whitney Houston, Black is an intimate and confessional portrait of Nigerian singer Le Gateau Chocolat’s life: his hopes, his fears and his battle with depression.
This is a new version of the critically acclaimed show re-staged for the Queer Contact Festival with an 11-piece orchestra - the Psappha New Music Ensemble.
POST SHOWPost-show discussions each evening with Rachel Morris, psychotherapist and broadcaster.
REVIEWS★★★★★ The List
★★★★★ Broadway Baby
★★★★★ TV Bomb
★★★★ The Scotsman
★★★★ Reviews Hub
- Suitable for over 14s.
- Supported by a Wellcome Trust People Award. Developed and produced by In Company Collective.
- Black was originally commissioned by homotopia and created with funding from Arts Council England and support from Pink Fringe, Nightingale Theatre and Colchester Arts Centre.
- Manchester performances supported by Superbia and Richmond Tea Rooms.
- This event is supported by a grant from Superbia. Superbia Grants provide financial support for LGBT events as part of Manchester Pride’s commitment to the quality and diversity of cultural events taking place throughout the year in Greater Manchester.