QC2015: Kate O’Donnell - Big Girl’s Blouse
Ticket Info£10 FULL // £6 CONC.
This event has finished, tickets are no longer available.
Who knew what being transgender was in the 1970s? Not Kate’s family. To be fair, crispy pancakes had only just landed in the Midlands so she had her work cut out.
The path to becoming a woman doesn’t always run smooth and with a lifetime of coming out, Kate has had to use every trick — theatrical and otherwise — to get by.
Big Girl’s Blouse sees Kate make a song and dance about her life using humour, music and costume to tell her story.
Created in collaboration with Olivier Award-winning director Mark Whitelaw.
- Post-show Q+A on Thu 12 Feb with Dr. Rachel Morris (Cosmopolitan).
- Suitable for over 14s.
- Commissioned by Contact.
- Supported using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England.
- Supported by Wellcome Collection as part of the Sexology Season.
- Written and performed by Kate O’Donnell.
- Created in collaboration with Olivier Award-winner, Mark Whitelaw.
- Thanks to Helen Baggett (Gecko Theatre) and Ashley Knowles.
- Photo by Lee Baxter, styling by Grace Oni Smith.
PART OF QUEER CONTACT 2015
- Queer Contact 2015 celebrates LGBT arts and culture in Greater Manchester from Thu 5- Sun 15 February 2015.