QC2014: Joey Arias & Kristian Hoffman - Lightning Strikes
Ticket Info£15 FULL // £10 CONC.
This event has finished, tickets are no longer available.
In a career spanning singing with David Bowie, Alan Cumming and John Cameron Mitchell; hanging out with Andy Warhol; compering Cirque du Soleil’s Zumanity; and sold out shows at London’s Southbank Centre and Soho Theatre - New York diva Joey Arias is a musical force to be reckoned with.
For Lightning Strikes, Joey shares the stage with another veteran of the fertile East Village Art Scene of the 1980s - Kristian Hoffman - for the first time since they both appeared at seminal New York venues like Club 57, Mudd Club and CBGBs.
Borrowed from the title of a Klaus Nomi song, Lightning Strikes celebrates the life of the late German counter-tenor. Along with a Nomi song or two, the show features 70s rock anthems, popular standards, original material and Arias’ signature ‘channeling’ of Billie Holiday.
- ‘Eerie, entrancing, filthy and phenomenally talented, Arias is not to be missed.’ Time Out
- ‘Eat your heart out Madonna’ New York Times
- Suitable for over 16s.
- Some strong language and sexual references.
- This show is fully seated. Some cabaret seating near to the stage will be available on a first come, first served basis. Come early to ensure you're close to the action!
- This event is made possible with the kind support of Manchester Pride.
PART OF QUEER CONTACT 2014
- Queer Contact 2014 runs 6-15 February 2014. contactmcr.com/queercontact