Contact's pioneering international theatre festival for young people
Contacting the World 2006 was developed with support from the Arts Council of England. Young people from Brazil, New Zealand, The Philippines, South Africa, Rwanda and India were twinned with companies from Manchester, Liverpool, Leicester, Stirling, County Durham and London.
As well as the full range of performances, debates, showcases, open mics, a new street event was developed into an international artists’ residency, and a new set of forums were created for a wide range of visiting young people and professionals alongside the core encounters between participants.
- Act2LDN, London, UK
- Art of the Street, South Africa
- IFAQ, Hope Street, Liverpool, UK
- JackAss, County Durham, UK
- Macrobert, Scotland, UK
- Mashirika, Rwanda Massive Company, New Zealand
- Nine, Manchester, UK
- Novos Novos, Brazil
- Project Phakama, India
- Sining Kambayoka Ensemble, The Philippines
- Young Blood, Leicester, UK