Contact's pioneering international theatre festival for young people
The inaugural Contacting the World was launched as part of Cultureshock, the North West wide cultural programme for the XVII Commonwealth Games in Manchester.
Young people from the Commonwealth countries of Trinidad, India, Malaysia, Nigeria and Sri Lanka collaborated with peers from the UK including young people from Oldham, Bolton, Manchester, London, Newcastle and Cardiff.
- Akshen, Malaysia
- Arts in Action, Trinidad
- Bolton Activ8, Bolton, UK
- Contact Young Actors Company, Manchester, UK
- Kattaikkuttu Sangam, India
- Live Theatre, Newcastle
- National Troupe of Nigeria, Nigeria
- Pandies Theatre, India
- Peshkar, Oldham, Manchester, UK
- Sherman Youth Theatre, Wales, UK
- Stages Theatre Company, Sri Lanka
- Theatre Royal Stratford East Youth Theatre, London, UK