Future Fires (Voluntary Opportunity)
DEADLINE: 28 MARCH 2017.
Contact has a long-standing commitment to diversity in its programming, producing, staffing and community engagement. We actively seek applications from the widest range of applicants.
Future Fires supports the development of future arts leaders. The programme is for young artists who want to develop their own community arts project, and in return you will receive funding, mentoring, training and support from Contact to make it happen.
If you are passionate about the arts, keen to develop your skills, self-motivated, committed and want to make a difference in communities, then Future Fires could be for you.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Are aged 18-30 and based in Greater Manchester
- Have an idea for an arts project in a community and need support to make it happen
- Passionate about the arts and communities, self-motivated and keen to learn
- Want to develop news skills and experience to build a career in the arts
- Have the desire and flexibility to commit to the programme over 6 months (April 2017 –October 2017)
What kind of project can I do?
Your project should aim to make a difference in your community, or in other words be ‘socially-engaged’. ‘Community’ can be interpreted in its broadest form – a specific neighbourhood or town, a group of people with similar circumstances, a specific age group and any other group of people you are passionate about working with. Your project can involve any art form. Your project does not have to be fully formed for you to apply for Future Fires but we want to get a sense of your ideas and passions!
How to apply:
- Please download all documents from the DOWNLOADS section below.
- Read our FAQ’s for the full information about Future Fires
- Complete the Application Form and Inclusion and Diversity Form.
- Please return completed forms via email to VictoriaBrown@contactmcr.com or via post to Victoria Brown, Leadership Development Manager, Contact, Oxford Road, Manchester M15 6JA.
- If you have any questions or need support completing the application, please contact Victoria on 0161 274 0616 or VictoriaBrown@contactmcr.com
Deadline for applications:
- 10am on Tue 28 March 2017.
Interviews will be held on:
- Mon 3 April 2017 (late afternoon- evening).